Spicy Bean Salad (UMBEL)
- A 410g tin of Fageolet beans (or blackeye, or whatever tickles your fancy)
- One or two finely chopped garlic cloves
- Half-to-full-tin of anchovies (25-50g) in olive oil
- Olive oil to make a dressing, perhaps some sesame oil if you fancy it too
- Lemon or lime juice – about one, see how watery it gets
- A good handful of herbs – coriander, parsley, mint are good. Oregano, basil and sage if you like them, but I’m not sure they go too well with coriander and mint – but use what you can get. If using Sage, go easy, its bitter if you use too much.
Chop/mince everything but the beans up and swizz together with the olive oil and lemon/lime juice. Add a pinch of sugar if you feel like it. You should end up with a garlicky, salty, herby mixture. Taste it and adjust to your liking – add some chopped chilli perhaps.
Drain and wash the beans then put in a bowl and add the mixture. Add some of the following to your taste and whatever feels good for you, or whatever you have in the fridge at the time. Chop thinly or to bean size so you can fit them onto your fork and into your cake–hole.
- Umbel not found : g(gram), chopped, coriander, oregano, basil, sage, swizz,chilli, feel, capsicum, shallot,spring, nuts, topping, shallot
- Umbel not matched: drain, wash, cakehole (!)
- Umbel broken : mixture