Quick steps to install Drupal 7
This, so you can use the SPARQL federating plugin
First install ubuntu ! 10.10 isnt much over 10.04, perhaps less even, so go with what you have v10-wise.
Now you need apache,mysql,php and drupal, database setup (ie LAMP + drupal). Then and a variety sparql modules and support.
- Install LAMP
- Setup MySQL (or create a database for it)
- Download and Setup Drupal (or update/upgrade)
- Configure Drupal
- Add modules
In some more detail
- Install Lamp
- Install PHP gd – you’ll get errors about it during Drupal install otherwise
- Setup mysql with database called d7 and admin user drupal
- create database d7
- grant all privileges on d7 to drupal@localhost identified by ‘password’ -if you get into trouble install phpmyadmin
- download drupal7, expand and move the expanded dir into the docroot/cms (you may need sudo for all of this)
gzip -dc drupal.*.*.tar.gz | tar -xvf -
mv * /var/www/cms
- read the README about creating default site and perms
- take a breath
restart apache for the hell of it - sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
- go to http://127.0.0.1/cms and create the first site by following the steps
- reset perms as per readme on settings.php
I’ve left messages but haven’t had a response yet – Sparql Views as it is on GitHub Jan 2011 won’t install on the official Drupal7 release (drush doesnt like it either, it seems). But theres also VARQL, built on top of what Lin did, that might be good for you.
There are dependencies you should be prepared to install – Views (not unsurprisingly), Dialog , Chaos Tools Suite  (maybe RDFx  – Sparql Views has it, needs it, but Drupal7 has some conflict either at install or runtime – needs more investigation).
And you’ll need to download and manually install, as ftp to localhost, using the UI installer won’t work (at least not for me on Ubuntu 10.04/10). Relying on ftp is just a bad way of installing things IMO.
Update rather than Upgrade
FYI : I easily updated (not upgraded ) my Drupal7 Beta to official release byfollowing Yodi Aditya’s instructions