Marinade (or coat if you dont have time) minced pork in a mixture of 2 tablespoons each of cornflour, fish sauce, soy sauce (dark and light to give it some colour), oyster sauce; a chopped chili, a couple of cloves of garlic, some chopped ginger – it should be fairly wet and not too thick, perhaps like consistency of single cream.
Boil water for noodles.
Wok on high, starting cooking mince – it will clump together because of the cornflour. Add some thinly sliced white cabbage/bean-sprouts/brocolli even – whatever you like with pork. Garnish with chopped redpepper, coriander, sesame seed and oil, lime juice.
Mix with noodles, serve.
Both applications are now running on Amazon EC2 in a micro instance.
- AMI 32bit Ubuntu 10.04 (ami-480df921)
- Joseki 3.4.2
- Jena 3.6.2
- Empire 0.7
- DynDNS ddclient (see )
Dont try installing sun-java6-jdk, it wont work. You might get it installed if you try running instance as m1.small, and do it as the first task on the AMI instance. Didnt suit me, as I discovered too late, and my motivation to want to install it turned out to be no-propagation of JAVA_OPTS, not the jdk. See earlier post on setting up Ubuntu.
- Lewist Topographical Dictionary of Ireland –
- Extraction and RDF generation from unstructured text with custom software.
- Sparql endpoint on Joseki, with custom content negotiation
- Ontology for location, roads, related locations, administrative description, natural resources, populations, peerage.
- Onotology for Peerage – Nobility, Gentry, Commoner.
- Find locations where peers have more than one seat
- Did one peer know another, in what locations, degree of separation
- Linked Open Data connections to dbPedia, GeoNames (uberblic and sindice to come) – find people in dbPedia born in 1842 for your selected location. Map on google maps with geoNames sourced wgs84 lat/long.
- SkyTwenty –
- Location based service built JPA based Enterprise app on Semantic repo (sesame native).
- Spring with SpringSec ACL, OpenID Authorisation.
- Location and profile tagging with Umbel Subject Concepts.
- FOAF and SIOC based ontology
- Semantic query console – “find locations tagged like this”, “find locations posted by people like me”
- Scheduled queries, with customisable action on success or failure
- Location sharing and messaging with ACL groups – – identity hidden and location and date time cloaked to medium accuracy.
- Commercial apps possible – identity hidden and location and date time cloaked to low accuracy
- Data mining across all data for aggregate queries – very low accuracy, no app/group/person identifiable
- To come
- OpenAuth for application federation,
- split/dual JPA – to rdbms for typical app behaviour, to semantic repo for query console
- API documentation
A report on how these were developed and the things learned is planned, warts and all.
http://blog.codesta.com/codesta_weblog/2008/02/amazon-ec2—wh.html – not everything needs to be done, but you’ll get the idea. Install ddclient and follow instructions.